2022 is here and the pandemic continues, though there might be a little light at the end of the tunnel. (I am ever the optimist.)
And I am here to support you getting the breastfeeding/chestfeeding support that you need. I am still offering virtual appointments to those who are more comfortable having a visit at home, but am now offering in person appointments as well.
There are many pros and cons to virtual appointments, which I explained in my last post about covid precautions. As the pandemic has stretched on I have improved my skills at providing virtual appointments. And I have also heard that many clients desire to be seen in-person. To safely be able to safely continue to see clients in-person even through covid surges, I moved last year into my new East Bay office in Albany, CA. Being in an office gives me more opportunity to control the environment making it as safe as possible for you and your little one.
Below is a summary of safety protocols put in place in my office. If you’re thinking about booking an appointment in-person, please review them, and also review the client expectations that follow.
Woven Solano Avenue Office Safety Protocols
- My waiting room has direct entry from the street and is only shared by one other office, so it is rare that clients ever see one another.
- I leave time between appointments so clients are generally not coming and going at the same time.
- I sanitize all hard surfaces that we may be touching between appointments.
- I change sheets where you or your baby might sit between appointments.
- I have a very effect air purifier running at all times.
- I am currently wearing an N95 mask during all my appointments and request that my clients are masked as well.
- I provide a COVID screening 24 hours before each appointment to all clients.
- I test myself for COVID weekly with a PCR test (as is available)
- My family also takes good COVID precautions, and my kids are homeschooled and partner working from home this year, so we don’t have a lot of exposure.
Expectations of clients
In an effort to keep everyone safe, I ask that clients please:
- Fill out my COVID screening honestly within 24 hours of your appointment.
- Come prepared with your mask on (during this omicron surge preferably an N95 mask).
- Reschedule or convert to virtual if you are having any symptoms or have tested positive for COVID.
- Bring no more than 1 support person. This person should be following all the same requirements.
- Please leave your older children at home.
A pandemic is obviously a throroughly challenging time to bring a new person into this world. It's a time when you often are doing lots of things you have never done before and really need help from others. I am doing my best to be able to continue to safely give you that in person support that so many families are needing. Feel free to email me with any questions you might have, and I look forward to seeing you and your family this year! ❤️